Planting sustainable trees is the future of landscaping
Upgrade your outdoors by planting sustainable trees. Does your yard need a make-over? Do you need to repair your landscaping due to Mother Nature’s wrath of summer storms? If the need has come for you to replace some trees, planting sustainable trees is your best option. According to Golocalprov, sustainable plants are those that require minimum care, watering, feeding, pest control and pruning. With your hectic lifestyle choosing low maintenance/no maintenance landscaping plants, specifically speaking trees, is crucial. Who wants to have to cater to a tree? The answer to that question is, not you; it’s Sharp Tree Service. Our fully licensed and insured arborists can help you select the perfect trees that will provide year round interest. Below we’ve listed some experts’ choices for the best sustainable trees to beautify your yard.
- White Fringetree (Chionanthus virginicus) This small tree (15-25’) is adaptable to many soil types and has a fragrant creamy-white flower in June with a blue/black fruit in September. Attractive to birds and native.
- Pagoda dogwood (Cornus alternifolia) This low-branched, small and native dogwood grows in partial shade, cool and acidic soils. Yellow, fragrant flowers appear in May-June. Grows (15-20’) and has distinctive horizontal branching.
- Pagoda dogwood (Cornus alternifolia) Non-native, disease-resistant beautiful four season tree. Grows (30-40’). White camellia-like flower in June/July and exfoliating bark make it a great choice as a specimen in the landscape.
- Kousa dogwood (Cornus kousa) Alternative to the native white dogwood, anthracnose fungus resistant, has creamy-white flowers in June and a raspberry fruit. Very colorful foliage in the fall and mottled bark.
- Black tupelo (Nyssa sylvatica) This underused native small tree (30-40’) grows in moist, well drained soils although it will tolerate wet soils. Best in sun, partial shade and features spectacular scarlet-orange fall foliage.
Your trees are the crowning glory of your yard. When you’re ready to upgrade or repair your grounds let Sharp Tree Service handle all your tree needs. We can suggest the best sustainable trees that will work best in your yard. We specialize in professional landscaping and will install new trees, plants, boulders, hardscapes, retaining walls and mulch. With features such as ponds, waterfalls and fountains Sharp Tree service will, “make your backyard your personal oasis.” Call for a FREE QUOTE Today!